Monday, June 14, 2010

Profile: Stacy Wolf aka Lady Pixie

Photo by: Image Factory


Body modifications today are getting more extreme and also more accepted. The industry is very big now as a result, and I think as time goes by, it will end up being very strong and even more successful.

Currently, I have eight tattoos, twenty five piercings, and one micro dermal implant.
I remember the exact day I got my first tattoo it was April 10th, 2006; I was 14 and I got a Gothic Tinkerbell on the back of my left shoulder. Also, I do have a bit of experience with piercing, as I did all of my own, and started learning the trade at a younger age. Tattoos are more appealing to me, because they are beautiful works of art, and enable me to tell my story on my canvas (skin) that I can take with me everywhere. My main influence was my uncle. I saw his tattoos and thought 'That is awesome and different'. It's like he was a living piece of art. I loved how it was an expression of him, and it was very intriguing to me. Suspension is very interesting, and I would love to try it one of these days. It is very amazing what our bodies can withstand.

Photo by: Image Factory

Body modifications are about how you feel and think, not about other people's opinions. Your body is yours, so do what you want with it. Some people go overboard with judgment, but they are entitled to express themselves, though it seems that they are just scared. Everyone is a little different, and some of us just embrace it. Each type of modification is beautiful in its own way. I just don't like the the way people react towards heavily or even moderately modified individuals. My favorite type of modification, however, would have to be tied with tongue splitting and tattoos.

Yevgenia Fedorov Photography

My favorite part of body modification is the joy of adding a new piece of beautiful art to your collection. The worst part of getting modified is the after care of tattoos. It's not painful; just the itch when they start flaking and scabbing. The only issue I have ever had was some piercings rejecting, but other than that it's been good.

I always feel I have to remove my jewelry and cover my tattoos when I go for a job interview, because for every person who accepts the way I look, there are five who disapprove. Truthfully, it makes it hard to find work, but I'm me. I love all my tattoos, and even if I didn't like one, I wouldn't get rid of or change it for the world. I look at it this way: if an image means enough to me to put it on my body, there is always something about it that will make me happy.


Yevgenia Fedorov Photography

I have become more confident and happy with myself, because I realized when I started my modifications, that people would stare or make rude remarks or ask lots of questions, and I couldn't take it to heart. I had to be me and feel content, or I could not enjoy life. When getting a new modification, whether it's a tattoo or piecing or implant, it gives me a sense of accomplishment and relaxation; it makes me feel free and strong and I love it.

Thanks to Jess Angel for conducting the interview!

2 comments:

  1. i am so proud of you and i love you love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having to do that for job interviews! I feel like...fake I don't know

    ReplyDelete