Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Free Uriah and Quentin


Ordinarily, I do not get involved with personal matters, nor make them a part of such a public forum. However, I feel that this situation deserves all the attention that it can get.

Band members charged in Orange rape; incident occurred at house party after New Haven concert

To be honest, I have no affiliation with either of the gentlemen, nor have I ever met them personally. In fact, the first time I even saw the Goddamn Gallows was last Tuesday at Kung Fu Necktie here in Philadelphia. They were, without a doubt, one of the best 'billy bands I've had the pleasure of seeing in a long time.

When I read the above article, my jaw literally dropped as I went from one sentence to the next. While there are certainly two sides to every story, and the only people who really know what happened are those who were there, something wasn't sitting quite right.

It seems all of the comments have disappeared since yesterday, but there were a few that seemed quite rude and even judgmental of Uriah and Quentin. Part of me felt this was due to their appearance, since apparently having tattoos automatically means one is guilty of whatever accusations another throws at them.

Punk rockers dispute rape charges

Thankfully, there is a large network of supporters, as well as numerous eyewitness accounts that do not fault Uriah and Quentin. However, false claims certainly damages a reputation, and the two men are still currently behind bars while everything gets sorted out.

Farmageddon Records is looking for bands who would like to submit tracks for the Free Uriah Baker and Quentin Price Compilation CD. Please contact darren@newrootsorder.com
if you would like to help out.

One of the easiest ways to aid Uriah and Quentin is via the Facebook page, or by making a donation.

Personal letters are also highly encouraged, but please be advised of what else can and cannot be sent via mail.

Uriah Freedom Baker inmate #377470
Quentin Price inmate #377472

Bridgeport CC

1106 North Ave
Bridgeport, CT
06604

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I felt the same way when I heard about this. I can't believe someone would mess with those guys' life like this. It's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure. There should always be support within the artistic community, and event the smallest effort can be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilty until proven innocent. Fuck the Pigs

    ReplyDelete